Im in the lobby of my hotel Mono Azul (which means Blue Monkey), still in Manuel Antonio. I´m having a nice cup of green costarican tea and im listening to Christmas carolls. Listening to Jingle Bells when outside are 30 degrees Celsius and I´m wearing a t-shirt (not a functional one though) is quite an experience. The same feeling I had in Chile a few years ago but there the things got even more extreme - I also saw Santas. They didnt have short trousers though. I stopped using insect repellent because it doesn´t help. I thought that mosquitoes stopped loving my blood but apparently they fell in love with me again. So I´m spending my time scratching and scratching. One of them came very close to my face but stopped at adams apple. It´s a good thing I have my beard because the mosquitoes will never bite a bearded face. They are afraid of them. I hope.
I woke up this morning and I felt a schock - it´s not raining. At least for now.
In a land famous for its coffee, I´m having tea. But it´s costarican and delicious. For my friends who know that I don´t drink coffee anymore I have to admit - I did it in Monteverde. We visited a coffee plantation. The owner was an amazing 72 who looked like 60 man who 46 years ago bought a piece of jungle and transformed it into a coffee plantation. The coffee fruit is red when it reaches maturity and the seeds are sweet. And the seeds will be then roasted and there is light, medium or dark roasted. I must say I really loved the dark roasted flavour. So I had a cup of coffee after the tour. I started feeling it in my pulse and heart in like 10 minutes. I didnt shake though but I had to use the bathroom quite quickly (!!!!). We went back to our hotel, we had a bit of breakfast and then I said I want to read. After a few pages from my exciting book I fell asleep and I did it really deep and one hour long. So I decided I am a coffee paradox. Green tea really keeps me up (my collegues from the ICU know what I mean with that). Shit, a mosquito just triple bit me.
I really wanted to get like really brown when I go home where is cold and winter. So people will get jealous of me. I am not brown, a bit orange reddish colour I think but I can show them my mosquito bites. And I still have two days before I start working and a good solarium at the gym where I go. Altough I don´t like solariums. I like the natural stuff.
I´m going to read a bit now. Ildefonso Falcones - "Die Pfeiler des Glaubens" - spanish writer whom I read in german. It´s a nice cinematic book, altough I don´t understand everything. His first novel that I´ve read was an accidental discovery in the airport in Florence. The Cathedral at the sea - I read that in English, I understood everything and I fell in love with it and the way this author writes. And I am also learning a bit of spanish history in the process.
Pupix
Niciun comentariu:
Trimiteți un comentariu