miercuri, 14 decembrie 2011

I am in Manuel Antonio

and that is in Costa Rica. It has been raining (sorry pouring) for hours now but I got used to it. I poured the most part of my trip. The functional clothes that I bought before coming here really helped. I didn´t know anything about functional clothes but it seems everything can be manufactured in a functional sort of way. I don´t know about underwear though. We arrived in Manuel Antonio yesterday from Monteverde. The temperature difference and weather was so striking. The hotel is nice and cosy, I found at the reception a real computer, with tastatur (??). I mean, Smaranda´s ipod is nice and useful but you have to touch the screen in order to write and I don´t like touching screens in order to do that. Probably it has to do with my big undelicate fingers. I was writing today the posts from the blog of a new friend of mine that I met in Monteverde (Steven, thats you) and I decided to restart blogging.
So Manuel Antonio - now I can say I have seen also the Pacific Ocean. And I also took a few baths. The water is perfect. The sand is perfect. And there are a lot of stones on the beach. So my luggage will again be filled with stones. I need a new vase because the one I already have back home contains the stones from Elba. I dont want to mix them. What is interesting about the ocean, the tide is huge. I mean we sunbathe where at nights is filled with water. The water coveres almost the whole shore. I didn´t see gellyfish which is a good thing because I don´t like them. I´ve seen some little crabs who crawl in the sand. For crabs they were quite cute. Probably because they were small. And even though we said we want do any activities we went on a catamaran from Quepo. It rained and it was very foggy but the trip was nice. I did snorkelling for the first time - at first I didnt wanna do it, the rain was to heavy but in the ended I said yes. It was amazing. I didnt see too many fish but the ones I did were blue and red. If it were sunnier, we could have seen more and deeper. But it´s ok, the experience was interesting. The catamaran had a sliding thing (tobogan - for my romanian friends) that went from the roof of the boat in the water. It was amazing. We practically fly and in 2 seconds are you straight in the water. We met again new and interesting people, we will have a couple of drinks with two mexicans tonight. I would have liked to see one sunset (at least here, at Sunset Hotel in Monteverde we didn´t see any sunsets). And I would have liked to see some dolphins on the trip today but it seems that they dont like this weather also. What I learned for my future trips - to book my own hotels (hostels) ! And to be more sociable. I think people are all sociable and want to speak, they are mostly shy to do it. I know I am a television freak and sometimes a facebook one. People are transforming into virtual creatures. And we started to prefer it sometime. Talking to somebody could be an amazing experience. You find so many stuff about stuff. And you meet people, you make new friends. You just have to be opened and wanting to share ur life. The people I met here so far - the shy guy in the plane from Belgium, the receptionist from San Jose and her daughter, our guide in Tortuguero, the people from our group in Tortuguero - Alex. Elena, Jessica, Flores, the english and the dutch couples, the german from Lava Lounge, the owner from LAva Lounge, the locals and the Americans in the disco in La Fortuna, the people from Monteverde, our german /costarican host, his son and his wife, Steven, Janis, Jan, the two Australians, the mexicans, the spanish couple....- were all nice and interesting.
We still have two days, then it´s going back to Germany filled with a lot of nice memories.

Un comentariu:

  1. Cu toate ca ai scris in engleza am inteles totul perfect si imi pare bine ca recunosti si tu ca va transformati incetul cu incetul in oameni computerizati stand toata ziua pe facebook si pe alte site-uri de socializare. Bine este sa te preocupe oamenii reali de langa tine ,pe care ii poti cunoaste cu adevarat si nu cei virtuali. Multe necazuri s-au intamplat datorita acestor cunostinte virtuale.

    RăspundețiȘtergere